Applications Development Scientistt
Global Manufacturer of specialty chemical products is seeking an Applications Chemist to join the R&D, Innovation and BD group.
The Applications Chemist will be responsible for developing new products and applications based on Manufacturers current chemical line, while keeping the company in a competitive position for long term success and growth.
Responsibilities / Job Requirements:
· Develop engineered polymers, fibers and film formulations for markets and applications leveraging related monomers and polymers.
· Application of fundamental knowledge of polymers and their analogs to meet customer and market demands.
· Ability to work directly with product development teams and customer technical and operations teams.
· Design, execute, analyze applications trials to develop fundamental value proposition and material and process requirements.
· Remain up-to-date with polymer technologies to maintain competitive edge.
· Manages relationships and confidentiality under agreements between competing customers and development partners.
· Maintain effective project summaries and documentation for organizational awareness and growth.
· Adhere to all guidelines of corporate EHS policies by consistently performing high quality work while minimizing waste.
• Masters in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, or similar technical field. Ph.D. highly desirable
· High proficiency in polymer chemistry fundamentals, with experience in the morphology of polymers.
· Demonstrated ability to use structure-property relationships and materials response behaviors to problem-solve
· Strong working knowledge and experience with polymer analytical and characterization methods
· Record of successful product and technology commercialization
• Economic thinking and ability to challenge the status quo
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective working across functions and geographies
• Ability to effectively manage work and work schedules to support overall program objective
• Ability to travel 50%