AR Staff Accountant
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JXK
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-5
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process cash receipts from multiple bank accounts and post to customer accounts. Perform deposit reconciliation to ensure accurate recording.
- Generate daily and monthly customer invoices; review specialized client billing requirements and audit invoices to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Contact customers to follow up on account status and past due balances; involves a high level of customer service and phone calls to customers.
- Process daily credit card transactions with special level details.
- Proactively research and resolve billing issues and questions.
- Provide weekly updates regarding collection status and issues.
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets for customer and internal reporting.
- Identify bad debts for management review; recommend corrective actions as needed.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing activities and audit requests.
- Provide weekly updates regarding collection status and issues
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree/Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Cash Application/Billing/Accounts Receivable function.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Must be customer oriented and motivated with excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong communication skills are critical as this position is in constant contact with both customers and other employees.
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on accurate note keeping and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under time constraints and strict deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excel in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Hands-on, self-starter who can work independently and under minimal supervision.