SUMMARY:We are partnering with a products based company. The organization is on the verge of significant growth as a result of a private equity investment that has allowed them to make ongoing strategic acquisitions. The company is looking to build out the financial function and hire a leader to help integrate acquisitions, run the financial reporting function, and be the US GAAP expert. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to get in on the early stages and help build something.
- Be a leader with the future acquisitions and partner with Private Equity firm through the due diligence, acquisition/deal, and integration phases.
- Maintain accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for A/P, A/R, cash disbursements, billing/invoicing, customer credit and collections, payroll, fixed assets, general ledger.
- Participate in the monthly closing process. Assist the Controller in reducing the closing timeline.
- Serve as the point person for monthly reporting by foreign locations
- Coordinate and automate the monthly financial statement consolidation process
- Supervise cash management and maintain the cash forecasting model
- Develop, improve, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies and procedures and a system of internal controls.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and related analyses.
- Ensure timely compliance with all regulatory requirements and filings such as federal, state and local tax, annual reports, etc.
- Identify and implement opportunities to better leverage technology to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of new and changing accounting standards to ensure standards are appropriately applied in reported financial results.
- Timely issue accurate financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for internal and external constituents in accordance with GAAP. Properly interpret financial results for management.
- Research and resolve U.S. GAAP technical issue
- Successfully complete an annual financial statement audit working closely with the company’s external accountants.
- Assist in special projects, including purchase accounting and integration of financial reporting for acquired entities
- B.S. / B.A. in Finance, Accounting. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience both in public accounting and private industry.
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Significant experience managing accounting operations and financial reporting.
- Proven record of strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Solid process improvement skills and able to leverage technology.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and enjoys working directly with clients, vendors and employees.
- Strong work ethic including managing multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is a must.
- Passion for “making things better” and thinking outside the box.