Location : Fort Mill, SC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
TalentBridge is working with a global manufacturing organization that markets and distributes sophisticated industrial grade products. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on an Automation Engineer to focus on lean & equipment projects for the plant. Responsible for evaluating current assembly methods, developing, designing, and implementing technology to automate mechanical assembly processes to reduce waste, increase overall productivity and efficiencies.
- Develop processes, procedures and supporting documentation to enhance cost, quality and customer service while ensuring safety and compliance with government regulations.
- Major drivers include productivity, material utilization, value engineering, lead time management, schedule attainment, and improved throughput.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for manufacturing processes and equipment
- Plan, specify and justify strategic capital investments.
- Coordinate and implement training initiatives to support manufacturing.
- Recognize and propose design changes to improve manufacturability.
- Support and participate in value engineering initiatives.
- Identify and implement improvements to material utilization, cell layout and machinery efficiency.
- Lead and support safety, 5S and lean initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate Kaizen events
Required Qualifications :
- Automation / Robotics Engineer, Master would be a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in Automation, with successful projects implementation
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing concept, automation, and technology
- Knowledge in IMS, Quality concept (6sigma, SPC, Cpk, 5S, FMEA, 8D …) & Safety
- Green-Black Belt certified would be a plus