Our client, a leading manufacturer of safety equipment, is making a significant investment to improve their technology and processes, and is seeking a talented Automation Engineer to lead the efforts. This is a high visibility role within the organization and will provide significant opportunities for career growth.
- Evaluate current manufacturing process and identify key areas for improvement.
- Design and develop new, automated manufacturing/assembly processes.
- Lead Capital Acquisition projects.
- Design and program equipment to be used in-house for manufacturing.
- Research and identify new vendors/suppliers for new components or capital equipment.
- Oversee installations of new equipment.
- High-level electrical/controls troubleshooting.
- Create project plans using Microsoft Office.
- Bachelors Degree; preferably in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 5+ years experience in high volume manufacturing.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in industrial automation.
- Must be proficient in Electrical Design and PLC Programming (Allen Bradley and/or Siemens preferred).
- Experience with vision systems, HMIs and motion control strongly preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Project management experience is a plus.