Benefits Administrative Specialist
The role of the benefit administrative specialist is to be responsible for phone support in the Benefits Call Center and the resolution of active and retired associate issues.
The major responsibilities include:
- Answer all IVR calls and emails in a prompt, courteous, and accurate manner.
- Provide a high level of customer service to associate and retiree benefit inquiries in accordance with established performance standards.
- Perform online data entry activities such as adding dependent or beneficiary names and manually changing benefit coverage for events not handled by WorkDay Self Service.
- Handle all inquiries regarding benefit plan designs, benefit access, eligibility, status change, form requests, and general benefits information.
- Utilize off-line time to perform follow-up research and documentation.
- Process health certification statement requests for life and LTD coverage.
- Provide support for other Benefit Administrative Specialists and analyst as needed with questions and cases.
- Typing of letters, forms, and memos.
- Achieve individual, departmental and company goals as defined by management.
- Work to positively influence and get along with team members.
- Re-direct inquiries to other appropriate areas, e.g., payroll, benefit support units, external insurance carriers.
Education & Experience:
- College Degree Strongly preferred
- Proven effective interpersonal skills - customer service driven
- Proven teamwork and project management experience
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum one year call center experience
- Minimum one year HR benefits experience
- Multilingual (a plus)
- Benefit or HRIS experience e.g. PeopleSoft, WorkDay AS400, Outlook, etc.
- Benefits billing and arrears experience
- Problem-solving skills
- PC skills – Microsoft Access, Excel, Power Point, Word, Lotus Notes
- Organizational or time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle high volume/high stress telephone environment
- Ability to operate and communicate using telephone
- Ability to maintain organized files
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and/or balance computations
- Ability to analyze statistical or accounting data
- Ability to understand policies/procedures and communicate them to associates
- Ability to help with department filing when needed