Buyer - Supply Chain
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Tom Tollison
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
Our client is seeking an immediate need for a Buyer to join it's supply chain team. Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Manager this position will be responsible for the materials purchasing and planning operations for several commodities. Working with their current and future suppliers, this individual will negotiate prices and consider the company’s profitability before placing orders. The Buyer will have extensive exposure to the Senior Leadership, Engineering, and Production teams.
- Manage the Purchasing of materials and supplies timely to support the demand of customers.
- Maintain relationships with current suppliers, source and select new suppliers, and negotiate best possible prices and terms through competitive bidding.
- Oversee product line inventory levels by working with the Senior Leadership, Engineering, and Production teams.
- Initiate purchase orders and review invoices for approvals for orders.
- Collaborate with internal teams to guarantee organizational quality standards are maintained.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of 3 years' purchasing experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Supplier/vendor sourcing and negotiation skills and experience is a must.
- Strong communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Bachelors' degree highly preferred.