Our Client is seeking a Civil Engineering Project Manager with experience in civil engineering land development, infrastructure design, construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment and erosion control, and traffic control. This position includes design and project management responsibilities within a team atmosphere. Candidates shall have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work closely with other team members and interact with clients and local review agencies.
• Lead a small team through civil site/land development design, permitting, and construction observation on a variety of residential, commercial, institutional, and municipal projects.
• Perform routine assignments which are clearly defined and require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Prepare models, engineering specifications, data sheets, sketches, drawings and perform calculations in support of engineering activities.
• Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated with land development projects (i.e., storm drainage hydraulic sizing and system modeling, water distribution modeling, best management practices (BMP), underground detention systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, sanitary sewer pump stations and force main, erosion control measures, etc.).
• Independently evaluate the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals.
• Review vendor information to assure compliance with specifications.
• Perform equipment selection and prepares technical specifications.
• Prepare reports, studies, and calculations.
• Assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects, including managing project tasks.
• Ability to obtain PE within 6 months
• Strong data analysis and technical problem solving
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Outgoing and positive attitude, dependable, and committed to meet all assigned project deadlines.
• Willingness to develop competence in a broad array of engineering related tasks
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and able to successfully multitask.
• B.S. in Environmental, or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
• 4+ years of relevant experience
• Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft products including SharePoint, Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint; ability to develop and utilize complex spreadsheets.
• CAD or GIS experience preferred
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• M.S. in Environmental, or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
• NC or SC PE