This position will primarily support multi-discipline teams to complete planning/study documents, preliminary design, detailed design, and engineering reports.
• Work under the supervision of senior level engineers.
• Perform routine assignments which are clearly defined and require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Prepare models, engineering specifications, data sheets, sketches, drawings and perform calculations in support of engineering activities.
• Conduct site visits to conduct field audits and perform construction observation.
• Independently evaluate the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals.
• Review vendor information to assure compliance with specifications.
• Perform equipment selection and prepares technical specifications.
• Prepare reports, studies, and calculations.
• Assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects, including managing project tasks.
• Strong data analysis and technical problem solving
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Outgoing and positive attitude, dependable, and committed to meet all assigned project deadlines.
• Willingness to develop competence in a broad array of engineering related tasks
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and able to successfully multitask.
• B.S. in Environmental, or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft products including SharePoint, Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint; ability to develop and utilize complex spreadsheets.
• CAD or GIS experience preferred
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• M.S. in Environmental, or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
• Engineer in Training (EIT) certification