Civil Engineering Director
Our client has 50 locations, 2000 engineering professionals, and is currently seeking a Civil Department Manager for our Charlotte, NC office. The successful candidate will have technical, project management, and market access responsibilities to lead multi-disciplined design projects. The Civil Department Manager will assist the Business Unit Manager in managing client relationships, developing and pursuing new clients and project opportunities, and managing a multi-disciplined project staff as well as supporting the Business Unit Manager in fulfilling corporate needs and responsibilities.
The Civil Department Manager will be responsible for leading teams in all aspects of site/civil project design including site layout, site planning, grading, storm water management, erosion & sediment control, roadways, utilities, and permitting for municipal, commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities. This individual will manage design for multiple projects as well as provide oversight and guidance to project managers, engineers, and additional support staff. The candidate will work closely with the Business Unit Manager, engaging with professionals in other offices, as well as meeting corporate responsibilities for the Charlotte Office. The Civil Department Manager will assist with business development/ marketing/ proposal efforts to grow diverse engineering services in Charlotte. Individual should have the ability to work closely with clients and agency staff, including attendance at public and/or construction meetings and representing the company at other events as needed.
Required Skills & Required Experience
• BS degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Minimum 15 years' experience of increasing levels of project and client responsibilities.
• North Carolina PE license. PE license in South Carolina and Virginia is a plus.
• In depth knowledge of and strong relationships with public and private sector clients in the Charlotte market.
• Strong client retention and new business development skills.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Experience managing a team of professionals with a wide array of skills sets.
• Experience participating and supporting corporate initiatives is a plus.
• Ability to provide technical expertise to design staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, sub consultants, and county/agency review staff.
• Desire to work in a team environment.
• At this time, they will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.