Client Support Associate (Bilingual Japanese and English)
Reporting to the Supervisor or Manager of the Japanese Customer Service Unit, the Customer Service Associate for servicing is responsible for high quality telephone service to the Japanese customers . The Associate handles service inquiries.
Customer Service 75%: Actively identifies client needs and ensures requests are fulfilled completely, correctly and within service standards.
- Directs the customer conversation in order to identify needs, provide correct answers, and complete requests efficiently which may include problem resolution, handing service complaints, and coordinating with various Bank departments in the identification and resolution of operational issues.
- Ensures follow up within the expected time commitment to customer requests.
- Demonstrates accuracy, excellent follow up skills, accountability, and ownership of each client request.
- Ensures authentication and entitlement is established and all risk controls are followed.
- Documents actions in case/interaction notes.
- Collaborates, establishes, and maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues, sharing best practices to enhance the client experience. Performs other duties/special projects for the department as required.
- Administrative 25%: Stays abreast of policy and practices by participating in training, huddles, and reading job related communications. Requires complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, company policys and procedures.
- Consistently meets individual performance standards for attendance, timeliness, quality, efficiency, and schedule adherence.
- Performs other duties/special projects for the department as required.
- Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
- High School diploma or higher Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bilingual skills required: Japanese and English (verbal and written) and use their interpersonal skills in both English and Japanese.
- 1+ year of demonstrated business experience and knowledge experience with customer service
- Excellent communication skills required
- Able to work independently with maximum efficiency
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with excellent follow up
- Flexibility and willingness to work any schedule
- PC knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite) Note: Schedule may include working a Sunday. Alternating days off (Fri. & Sat. or Sat. & Sun.) every 6 months.