· Provide leadership and direction to the team
· Responsible for tracking and achieving annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) goals for Purchasing team.
Metrics includes material cost savings, supplier on-time delivery, supplier quality, payment terms, spend under contract, supplier lead-time reduction and sustainability.
Facilitate comprehensive supply chain strategy reviews between Commodity Managers and cross functional teams to communicate strategic sourcing plans and create alignment with internal stakeholders.
· Drive Sourcing and Supply Chain early engagement in new product development programs to support launch schedule, cost, and quality objectives, while mitigating risk.
· Manage the supplier contracting process and maintain targeted spend under contract. Provide guidance to Commodity Managers on effective negotiation tactics and be the first point of escalation in resolving contractual disputes.
· Lead the material cost reduction process.
Minimum of 6 years of purchasing, procurement, or sourcing spend
Able to develop new suppliers/vendors-negotiate contracts, create RFPs
Fluent in excel, able to create processes
Action oriented, able to create cost saving changes
Able to balance multiple projects at the same time.