Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
4 Year Degree
Job Description :
TalentBridge is seeking a highly motivated commodity manager and change agent, to join the leadership team at our clients Global Headquarter. As a Global Commodity Manager. This position will be a key adviser and strategic business partner to the members of the clients strategic sourcing team; involved in purchasing, supply chain, planning, production and engineering. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, proactive influential leader who will work with the leadership team throughout the organization, quickly learn and gain a thorough understanding of company operations, develop and implement needed changes to improve commodity sourcing focused on key metrics, and ensure that activities are properly tracked, measured and reported in a timely manner and that appropriate corrective measures are taken as needed.
- Lead supplier selection; develop and implement strategic sourcing strategies for direct-spend categories while ensuring world-class vendor service levels and best-in-class pricing; and build supplier relationships.
- Lead category evaluation and strategy development. Specific categories of coverage will include castings, metals, machined parts, fabricated parts, purchased components, and fasteners.
- Contract management.
- Manage RFP process including structuring, data collections, cross-functional coordination and influence, analysis, negotiation support, recommendations, and presentations.
- Establish standard tools, processes, and templates including cost models for major spend areas, central cost tracking for key commodities/industry benchmarks, RFP templates, training modules, metric monitoring/tracking, and other tools as appropriate.
Required Qualifications :
Education / Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Operations, Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
- CPM, CPSM or CPIM, or advanced degree in a related discipline preferred, not required
- At least 5 years of related business experience and a progressive career path in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to achieve results as a member of an operating leadership team working within a matrix environment.
- Combine world-class financial expertise with a penchant for doing whatever is needed to get things done well and on time.
- High-potential leader with career ambitions and ability to advance beyond the functional role