Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- HQ in the surrounding Charlotte area; locations domestically and internationally for manufacturing, distribution, and sales
- Innovative products with significant market share and interest in both the industrial and consumer segments
- Buy-in from the executive team to provide the very best quality products
- Culture is an employee-oriented, high performance, innovating organization, emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity, and high integrity standards
Compliance Engineer Summary:
- Identify and maintain a list of applicable standards, regulations and laws that support products.
- Create and maintain comparison lists of similar product standards identifying differences.
- Direct contact with global customers, regulatory agencies as it relates to customer and government requirements
- Provides guidance for product standard compliance
- Assume a leadership role on specific issues as assigned and work with all departments as needed.
- Identify key certification issues and offer resolutions.
- Conduct internal and external audits
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
Required Qualifications :
- Thorough knowledge of quality systems is required (statistics, reliability, sampling, and auditing).
- 3+ years preferred in Compliance and Quality organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical Major; Masters Degree a plus
- Manufacturing environment experience
- FDA/RoHS/Conflict Minerals/Product Safety experience a plus
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems standards
- PPAP, APQP, Control Plans, PFMEA, and SPC
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus
- Travel 10% - 20%