The company is $100M private equity owned manufacturer of environmentally friendly products. The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to accounting and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for directing the accounting operations, monthly close cycle, internal controls, financial audits, and financial reporting, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
- Manages all accounting activities to ensure that financial processes and information are accurate, timely, and contain adequate internal controls in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepares all financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, and analytical reports for various audiences
- Manages the accounts payable and accounts receivable personnel
- Manages general ledger and journal entry postings
- Closely involved in monthly cut-off procedures
- Assist CEO with information required by external financial auditors and tax professionals
- Assist CEO with oversight of cash forecasting and cash flow reporting
- Manage cash management and banking relationships
- Additional ad hoc requests as required
- Bachelor’s Degree, focusing in Accounting
- Public accounting experience and CPA certification preferred
- Strong Excel skills are mandatory
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter; ability to manage daily tasks and other tasks assigned as needed.
- Strong sense of urgency; ability to multi-task
- Communication skills
- Team player