We have partnered with a global manufacturing company based in Charlotte that is seeking a Controller. The Controller will be responsible for the financial management and corporate accounting, forecasting, financial reporting and controlling, cash management, tax management, and assurance of proper corporate records.
- Checks the accuracy of posted information
- Prepares monthly and annual closures
- Pupervises general accountancy, supplier and customers as well as fixed asset accountancy
- Prepares the financial budgets and forecasts
- Conducts Financial Reporting in the required deadlines, both in local GAAP and Group GAAP (IFRS) as well as German GAAP for the annual closing
- Supports the preparation of the Business Case of the plant North Carolina in order to have it approved by the Management; implements the Business Case when accepted
- Finds and follow up required funding for the new plant
- Provides financial advice and support to local management, corporate finance, colleagues and clients to enable them to make sound business decisions
- Is accountable for the accuracy of the financial information of the site, in accordance with the group financial policies and recommendations. Analyzes the variance and propose corrective actions.
- Implements improvement plans and reminders to achieve the objectives
- Interacts with the group shared services and the financial controllers of the group
- Monitors Cash Flow and prepares weekly rolling cash forecasts
- Controls investment spending and its justification
- Reviews and controls the financial project performance
- Solid financial background and experience including significant experience as Financial Controller in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive supplier business and within an international company.
- Experience of starting up a new plant/greenfield project would be an additional asset
- Excellent Financial and Accounting Knowledge
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to work in an global/multi-cultural environment
- Expert skills in SAP and MS office, particularly MS Excel