Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JXD
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+ years of experience
Required Education : BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
The Controller is responsible for accounting operations, budgeting, and financial reporting. This position reports to the SVP of Accounting & Finance and will supervise a team of 2-6.
- Provide tactical leadership to set the team’s goals/objectives and anticipate/provide solutions to problems.
- Responsible for the oversight, supervision, and performance of his/her team, including the hiring and development of staff.
- Perform detailed and high-level analytical reviews of financial results; coordinate monthly analyses at the posting account and financial statement levels.
- Direct the month-end closing and reporting processes, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manage and review various areas of accounting and reporting, including collection of miscellaneous receivables from third-parties, recording of property management fee income, and accounting for property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Manage, administer, analyze, and recommend improvements to company-wide accounting processes
- Manage the insurance administration for properties.
- Expand the benefit and use of our financial reporting capabilities by sharing financial insights and analysis to business leaders and other end-users.
- Partner with other business management to implement assignments and financially guide the company’s decisions and results.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting efforts.
- Share the monthly financial statements and other key analyses with the members of the leadership team along with insights and explanations of significant variances.
- Assist with the development of, and on-going analysis of a financial shared services platform that spans across multiple divisions. Assist with the implementation of new technology, and re-engineering the accounting and business processes to ensure the automation goals are achieved.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and other master data elements (vendors, customers, property codes, etc.) within various technologies with the appropriate controls and approvals.
- Manage treasury and cash management functions as assigned; participate in process and control reviews, and analyze treasury process for potential enhancements.
- Review accounting and business processes for greater efficiencies and to ensure strong control environment; oversee internal controls and policies/procedures for all areas of responsibility.
- Recommend and implement approved changes in accounting methods, policies, and procedures.
- Lead major projects/initiatives with little-to-no supervision.
- Coordinate internal audit activities and conduct self-audit procedures.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- 10+ years of relevant, direct experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA Certification
- Previous public accounting experience
- Experience with process improvement, managing accounting processes, and leading organizational change