Location : Gastonia, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JPM_CE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : Associates or Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for the functionality and performance of manufacturing equipment from an Electrical Systems standpoint. This is a hands-on position that will require large amounts of cross-functional collaboration in a team setting.
- Work with engineers and customers to determine the requirements of the machine and develop specifications for machine functions, user interface, and quality control for high reliability.
- Develop new software and hardware designs to meet machine requirements
- Research components and technology available from suppliers, determine ways to increase reliability of controls and reduce costs
- Understand and implement customer standards for dedicated equipment and participate in design reviews
- Guide startup of machines and perform troubleshooting with mechanical and electrical technicians.
- Configure drives, network communications, and other intelligent machine devices
- Calibrate machines for position accuracy.
- Assist customer support and troubleshooting both remotely and onsite.
- Minimal travel for project engineering or customer support issues
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred. Associates degree with equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an electrical engineering/controls role.
- Strong PLC experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience with robotics and G-Code programming is a plus.