The Controls Engineer will work closely with electrical group resources to achieve project electrical design, software development, and testing needs.
Perform electrical engineering duties including control strategy planning, electrical/electronic design, component specification and identification, drawing generation, software development and test, and provide technical support during project production, testing, and startup. Ensure that project electrical engineering deliverables (drawings, bills of materials, software) are developed as specified, meet standard and quality requirements, are provided per project schedules, and are properly maintained.
- Schedule execution of project electrical engineering deliverable s.
- Design and produce electrical drawings for project component electrical systems
- Specify electrical components.
- Develop PLC application software.
- Perform functional testing of completed project components
- Provide technical assistance
- Devise cost cutting methods (material cost reductions, design/build/startup efficiency improvements).
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate engineering experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- Working experience in a manufacturing or systems integration setting.
- Industrial controls electrical engineering knowledge; Allen Bradley and automation programming (PLC, embedded system, motion control, HMI)
- AutoCAD experience
- Must be able to work hard with a deadline
- Communication with vendors and customers
- Ability to travel up to 40%