Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Matt Thomas
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : BS in accounting or finance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
A Private Equity owned entrepreneurial construction company establishing their HQ here in Charlotte NC!. The organization has an aggressive growth strategy with an emphasis on acquiring companies in major markets across North America. The organization aspires to complete more than 10 additional acquisitions over the next 24-36 months. Their Corporate HQ is here in Charlotte, NC.
As Corporate Controller, you'll play a close number 2 to the CFO and help build a world-class accounting function. This includes hiring a team, establishing policies and procedures, and integrating acquisitions.
You will be responsible for direct supervision of all corporate accounting and financial functions. Additionally, your primary responsibilities include supervising the monthly close process; supervising accounts payable, payroll, and monthly financial reporting; assisting in monthly preparation of a reforecast; assisting in annual preparation of a budget; and assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements and the annual tax return.
The Corporate Controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. Some travel is required within this role.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting; an MBA is a plus
- CPA is preferred but not required
- 10+ years’ experience in the accounting and finance sector
- 5+ years’ experience managing accountants and the accounting and finance process
- 5+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or with greater responsibilities
- “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required