Corporate Merchandise Assistant
We are currently recruiting for several awesome ENTRY level roles with one of the Major Corporate Retail Companies in Charlotte! As a Merchandise Assistant you will learn the ins and outs of corporate retail and the buying process. In this role you will be responsible for assisting Buyers with administrative and clerical tasks, including data entry, related to specific merchandise departments of the company.
Merchandise Assistants are responsible for ensuring new items have been set up properly in the database, accurately inputting price changes, creating fashion purchase orders, and assisting with the development of weekly and ad hoc reports. This position requires frequent communication with other members of the buying team as well as with internal departments, vendors, distribution centers, and stores. Merchandise Assistants perform administrative duties that allow Buyers to function more efficiently and effectively within the organization.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly and consistently with suppliers to obtain new product information, current pricing, descriptions, UPC codes, etc.
- Maintain relationships to collaboratively work to resolve any issues/discrepancies with support areas
- Manage the marketing projection tool by entering deals, projections, scan allowances and co-op.
- Collect, review and proof product samples, prior to shipment, to ensure all information is correct
- Coordinate team and vendor meetings and manage Buyer and Associate/Assistant Buyer’s calendar.
- Perform data entry functions, including but not limited to, new item set up, supplier maintenance, price changes and item maintenance.
- Follow-up on line reviews to ensure items are entered and deleted in a master spreadsheet set up and ordered in a timely manner and perform any other related line review functions as needed
- Communicate with customers to resolve complaints, issues and special requests. Generate standardized letters for customers and follow-up on customer calls and issues
- Perform a variety of administrative duties such as answering phones, opening mail, distributing reports, creating presentations , filing, typing and sending letters.
Education: 4 year college degree in Fashion Merchandising, Retail Management, Business Administration, Marketing or related field strongly preferred
Experience: Retail experience is strongly preferred
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office desktop applications and all Windows-based programs