Corporate Receptionist- Director of First Impressions
Location : Uptown
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : CHM
Compensation : open - 13-16
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4 years
Required Education : 4 year degree required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Real Estate - Development
Job Description :
The Receptionist serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories, notify properly and giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the office, including updating automated supply ordering, supply restocking and ensuring office cleanliness.
- Take accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy and arrange meetings and/or conference calls as needed.
- Review and respond to daily internal/external mail and overnight packages; prepares and distributes daily mail.
- Supports building management, office management, Corporate Real Estate and outside vendors to arrange for repairs and maintenance relative to office furnishings, fixtures, equipment and space.
- Maintains cleaning and maintenance of all common spaces including but not limited to: cleaning counters, filling coffee beans and powders, emptying coffee grind bins and drain bins, emptying trash bins, misc. office cleanup including breaking down boxes, and washing, loading, and unloading dishwasher.
- Work as a member of the team, willingly providing back‐up support for co‐workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Leads day-to-day operation of the office, including updating automated supply. ordering, distributing mail, answering the door and ensuring office cleanliness.
- Works on additional projects and general office maintenance as assigned.
- Client Service: Demonstrates strong commitment to meeting the needs of both internal and external customers striving to ensure their full satisfaction.
- Organization: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important and plans with an appropriate and realistic sense of the time demand involved.
- Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside of the company; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses of action. Refrains from "jumping to conclusions" based on no, or minimal, evidence; takes time to collect facts before decision-making.
Required Qualifications :
- 5+ years of previous administrative experience managing a front desk or working as a receptionist
- Experience and comfortability working in a high paced office environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- PC and Microsoft Office proficient
- Proven administrative and organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, manage workload, and effectively prioritize in a continuously changing environment
- Ability to assume responsibility and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- Must possess strong organizational, problem-solving, and follow-through skills to complete projects in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively interact with all levels within and outside the organization