Corporate Receptionist/Facilities Coordinator
The Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for all office facility activities and managing the front office. They will serve as the primary contact for both internal and external customers seeking support and information from the NC facilities organization. This individual will supervise vendors, contractors, and third parties performing office related duties at the locations.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Planning, managing, supervising, and coordination the fleet management of company vehicles.
- Ensure overall facilities are maintained professionally and special accommodations are made as needed for visitors, meetings, and conference rooms
- Maintain office records and process/approve facility related invoices for location.
- Assist in managing overall general office needs including mail, catering needs, cleaning, etc.
- Obtain quotes/proposals and manage contracts for facility and maintenance vendors
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise facility contractors/vendors and confirm work is completed per work order
- Adhere to, understand, and manage in place lease, construction, facility, and vendor contracts to ensure value optimization
- Coordinates weekly inspection/ walkthrough of office premises to ensure all facility issues are communicated to property management/maintenance team. Follow up accordingly to ensure issues are addressed timely/completely
- Coordinate with site Executive Assistant/Office Manager to perform additional projects/tasks as needed
Minimum of Associate Degree and 2 years of facilities/office management experience or 5+ years of facilities/office management experience.
Facilities Management Professional (FMP) or Certified Facility Manager (CFM) designation a plus. An uncertified hire would be expected to earn at least one designation within 2 years.
Experience and Skills
- Good listener with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, creating/maintaining spreadsheets, and basic financial analysis
- Focused on problem solving while having a great customer service and “team” attitude
- Prior experience in managing and/or negotiating lease, vendor, and small construction and other legal contracts
- Knowledge of electronic work order programs, SAP system.
- Experienced in managing overall maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing building systems
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships with building management, coworkers, and vendors
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Recognize and act on opportunities – adjust direction when situation warrants
- Work independently without regular direct supervision
- Strong follow up skills to ensure successful project completion
- Expectation to gain strong understanding and application of company policies.