Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TAM
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
This role Creates, manages, and executes the account strategy for a set of assigned customer(s). In this role, the Customer Manager will represent the voice of the customer to the customer care team and the voice of the customer care team to the external customer.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Create a working account plan which includes analysis and strategies/tactics to increase profitable revenue, account penetration and engagement points (including manufacturing and engineering). Develop innovative and creative solutions that will help further differentiate the service offering with our customers. Successfully execute plans, as appropriate, while continually improving customer satisfaction and "stickiness."
- Ensure we meet or exceed the expectations of customers. Advocate for customer needs within and represent our needs and interests to the customer. Translate the needs and interests into action that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction goals and creates mutual benefit. Lead a cross-functional team that includes engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, costing, financial and legal experts to ensure we continue meeting or exceeding customer expectations and needs.
- Increase revenue and profitability. Establish clearly defined financial objectives for customers. Partner with manufacturing and engineering to proactively manage the customer P&L to ensure we meet/exceed the objectives.
- Build and develop multi-level relationships, including executive level, with customers and internally. Be fully conversant and intimate with the customer business model, competition, market and needs. Partner with other key functions (e.g. manufacturing and engineering) in furthering the customer relationship.
Required Qualifications :
- Forecasting Communicate with customers to ensure that the forecasts that are received are timely, are as accurate as possible, and are consistent with the pricing model.
- Contracts Lead negotiations with customers for pricing and/or contractual changes and ensure that both we and the customer are compliant with existing manufacturing and engineering contractual agreements.
- Inventory Closely monitor obsolete, slow moving, and excess inventory levels and negotiate ways to reduce and/or eliminate excess inventory with the customers.
- Customer Visit Planning Lead customer site visit planning and drive the manufacturing and engineering sites with preparing for these visits in ways consistent with the Customer Care Guidelines. Ensure that meeting goals are communicated to the appropriate people prior to the meeting.
- Customer Visit Execution When present during customer visits must own the agenda and ensure that the meeting is progressing in such a way as to ensure that the meeting's objectives and goals are being met. Following the meeting, must ensure that meeting notes, actions, and next steps are communicated and executed per the expectations set in the meeting.
- Project Management Monitor ongoing projects and intervene when appropriate to ensure that the customer and we are aligned. Proactively communicate status to internal and external customers as appropriate.
- Request for Quotes Lead our response to Requests for Quotations (RFQ's) from customers by entering the appropriate information into our quote tracking tool, participating in meetings, and ensuring and the customer's actions are closed as expected. Lead and communicate quotation strategy and ensure that all internal teams are aligned with objectives of the RFQ.
- Promote the brand through application of our Values and Leadership Competencies.
- Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 50%).
- Additional duties as assigned.