Data Center Technician
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : BH
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Information Technology
Job Description :
- Entering commands on computers, tape drives, printers, data communications equipment, and plotters to integrate and operate equipment.
- Observing and researching peripheral equipment and error messages displayed on monitor to detect faulty output or machine stoppage.
- Investigating, evaluating and resolving equipment problems and escalating issues as necessary to maintain job production.
- Maintaining audit trail of job activities and status to document productivity.
- Maintaining specific quality records to ensure standards are met.
- Performing scheduled daily, weekly, or nightly, backups on systems to maintain production.
- Taking printers and terminals in and out of service as required and assists in resolving hardware related problems in the data center.
- Coordinating the movement of equipment and assets in order to maintain production.
- Monitoring and computing customer data file restores to ensure that data is current and accurate.
- Utilizing standard problem management tools to record discrepancies in the environment.
- Analyzing and evaluating incident reports and making recommendations to reduce incident rate.
- Assisting workers in classifying, cataloging, and maintaining tapes to oversee and maintain computer operations.
Required Qualifications :
- 3+ years' experience in Data Center hardware such as power cabling
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or networking or equivalent experience