Location : South Charlotte
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : CHM
Compensation : 16.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 0 years
Required Education : 4 year degree preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Supply Chain/Logistics
Job Description :
We are currently recruiting for an awesome opportunity for recent college graduates interested in a career in supply chain, logistics and transportation!
Responsible for managing Client relations for key customers related to Logistics and Billing issues including the following issues.
- Payment procedures along with ensuring appropriately entered into various system resources and the release of cargo is handled within established timeframes.
- Receiving/processing original bills of lading, letters of indemnity, bank guarantees and VP waivers timely while ensuring all legal and financial requirements are met
- Issues with incorrectly endorsed bills of lading or missing documentation.
- Education on all required rail/CY/terminal systems processes and procedures.
- Researching, interpreting and applying service contact terms as required.
- Information, payment and release of cargo in general order once all requirements for the lien are satisfied.
- Liaise with customers, 3rd party terminals, rail, CY’s on process changes or improvements while maximizing revenues
- Coordinate system dependencies for all inbound vessels that cannot serviced due to third party system access limitations.
- Create and analyze reports ensuring customer receivables are in line with corporate policy and assist collections.
- Identify non-compliance situations and facilitate corrective action with external customers, responsible parties and/or business units.
- Monitor error reports and take appropriate action same day.
- Manage workflow queues and turn times necessary to provide timely and effective service to internal and external customers.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or two to four years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Ability to lead meetings
- Strong understanding of transportation industry and in particular intermodal shipment cost drivers
- Articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills – multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals
- Conflict resolution and negotiation – bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Drive for results – drives for results and success, conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure, persist despite obstacles and opposition
- Team player – works together with others in the business unit to achieve results, fosters teamwork
- Proven ability to deliver under pressure
- Mind set for continuous process improvement
- Working knowledge of MS office products and ability to quickly adapt to software