Director, IT Business Applications
Primary responsibilities include: application support, budget management, application architecture, innovation/project delivery in partnership with PMO and I&O teams, platform strategies aligned with business plans, and management of the eco-system within industry aligned cost models. This individual will be an active leader of the cultural and skill evolution of the Business Applications organization. The successful candidate should have a solid track record of delivering complex projects across the value chain, building effective business partnerships, leading business process / IT transformation initiatives, and cost management while ensuring a positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork to achieve common goals.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Thought leader for our Global CRM (Salesforce) solution
· Key leader and contributor to the transformation of IT and to the business processes enabled by the core IT applications.
· Define multi-year investment roadmap in alignment with IT cost models that delivers tangible/bottom line business value. Roadmap developed in collaboration with PMO and business steering committee for full adoption and alignment.
· Key contributor to technical aspects of annual planning process, ensuring application roadmaps and project cost estimates create aggressive, yet achievable plans.
· Deliver approved IT POR with high quality, secure, on budget and exceeding business expectations.
· Actively engage in business steering committees to identify opportunities to reduce business or IT cost, increase revenue, and align with regulatory compliance requirements.
· Responsible for strategic and tactical aspects of the Sales, Services, and Marketing IT Portfolio
· Ensure system stability and scalability with near zero impact on day to day business operations due to IT system issues.
· Reduces technical debt / IT application footprint on behalf of reduced complexity, cost and security risk in alignment with ERM goals.
· Help lead the initiation of and provide ongoing management of an IT off-shore development partner to reduce TCOW/TCO (support & innovation)
· Proactively manage application contracts & renewals, driving down cost YoY.
Leadership & Management
· Provide guidance and direction to the Leadership and Employees with emphasis on maintaining a high performing work environment.
· Proven track record of building and maintaining effective relationships with Business stakeholders.
· Manage performance management processes. May be responsible for managing activities inherent to managers in selecting, scheduling, training, motivating, coaching, disciplining and evaluating employees. May serve as a mentor to less senior individuals.
· Establish and maintain positive employee and community relations
· Identifies and implements strategies to provide demonstrated improvement against key measures.
· Introduce process improvement techniques in a meaningful way.
Key platforms include; Salesforce.com, ServiceMax, and other SF App Exchange applications.
Education and Training:
· Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience may be considered
· Preferred: Master’s degree, MBA, CIS or MIS
· Salesforce Certifications preferred
· 5 years of experience with Salesforce.com
· Minimum of 15 years of total experience in a corporate IT environment working for a global corporation.
· At least 5 years as an IT leader in a manufacturing, engineering or technology company.
· Minimum of 3 years managing managers; and 5+ years in IT management.
· Minimum of 5 years in an IT technical role (architect, technical lead or developer)
· Hands-on delivery experience in 3+ value chain segments
· Experience with Salesforce or Oracle EBS. Experience with both is preferred.
· Experience with annual IT POR planning and monthly budget/forecast process.
· Working in a matrix environment
· Experience with managing outsource and contract worker engagements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Demonstrated experience implementing, enhancing and supporting Salesforce.com platform
· Strong organizational, leadership, and learning and development skills required
· Must have a good understanding of Positive Employee Relations
· Good working knowledge of IT industry and key metrics
· Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
· Discretion and the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
· Effective leader with proven ability to develop, coach, motivate and mentor
· Excellent process and problem solving skills
· Take charge individual with lots of energy and clear sense of urgency
· Out-of-the-box thinker, decisive; experienced in and capable of leading change
· An excellent team player
· Comfortable working in a matrix environment
· Effective communicator:
o Ability to relate from the shop floor to the executive levels
o Verbal, Written and Listening
o Logical and organized
o Presenting to staff, peers and Executive Leadership