Director of Continuous Improvement
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Travel : Yes
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
The Continuous Improvement Leader will be responsible for managing, directing, and implementing strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the company’s goals to improve performance, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Lead the CI team to identify cost savings & process improvement opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvements initiatives to be the very best in the industry
- Use Lean, Six Sigma and other methods as trained to evaluate collect data and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Provide expert leadership and training for cross functional teams in the organization to determine metrics that can measure current state and measure process improvements.
- Implements CI projects and monitor plans according to assigned timelines.
- Provides regular updates to the executive business leaders.
- Captures information needed to coordinate alignment with other teams, and work processes.
- Maintain working relationship with all customer plants and corporate groups to understand critical customer requirements and stay current on industry standards.
- Champion root-cause investigation and corrective action implementation through application of analytical tools that enables continual improvement to: employee safety, product quality, process.
- Work with regional plant management to continuous improvement and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Development validation requirements for both product development and process change trials to reduce customer risk (PPAP, APQP tools).
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Engineering, Manufacturing, or Industrial
- MBA is strongly preferred
- 10 plus years of hands-on manufacturing experience
- Green Belt or Black Belt Training
- Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma methodology required, Black Belt trained.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems management required, experience with internal/external certification desired.
- Travel is required (50%)