Director of Continuous Improvement
TalentBridge has partnered with a worldwide industrial manufacturer and provider of new technology on their search for a Director of Continuous Improvement to deploy & support a lean transformation.
Director of Continuous Improvement (CI). In this role you will work closely with multiple plant leadership and department employees to achieve results. This position requires strong technical lean manufacturing and hands-on leadership skills, along with a passion for operations excellence to be successful.
As such, this position requires an experienced Lean transformation leader with a broad cross-functional background and experience in mid-volume vertically-integrated manufacturing, as well as demonstrated success in driving improvements across business processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Implement and deploy a globally-connected Lean CI strategy.
- Partner with internal and external resources to establish a continuous improvement model and execute change management strategies in support of business transformation initiatives.
- Oversee, manage and facilitate the Company’s Lean initiative and CI strategy across multiple locations;
- Leads and facilitates Kaizen events to drive sustainable improvements and works closely with plant personnel
- Develop and execute improvement action plans
- Better leverage resources and share best practices across all facilities
- Provide and teach CI tools to team members and leaders
- Tracks and analyzes the CI process and maturity matrices
- Builds a CI culture across the organization; travel 50-70%
- Minimum of 10 years in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years of Continuous Improvement experience
- Multi-site experience required (5+ plants)
- Successful experience leading a lean transformation for a multi-site organization required
- Strong application knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques and related CI tools
- Knowledgeable in Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Value stream mapping, labor analysis, 5S 8 wastes, changeover reduction
- Operational leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university (Engineering, Math, Science, business or operations preferred)
- Ability to travel (50%+)