Director of First Impressions
We are currently recruiting for an extremely excited opportunity to support and manage the front desk as the Director of First Impressions for an innovative company in the heart of Charlotte! This role serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories, notify properly and giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Supports Senior Leadership Team with travel and expenses.
- Leads office management including but not limited to vendor management, supply management and safety management.
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the office, including updating automated supply ordering, supply restocking and ensuring office cleanliness.
- Take accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy and arrange meetings and/or conference calls as needed.
- Review and respond to daily internal/external mail and overnight packages; prepares and distributes daily mail.
- Supports building management, office management, Corporate Real Estate and outside vendors to arrange for repairs and maintenance relative to office furnishings, fixtures, equipment and space.
- Maintains cleaning and maintenance of all common spaces including but not limited to: cleaning counters, filling coffee beans and powders, emptying coffee grind bins and drain bins, emptying trash bins, misc. office cleanup including breaking down boxes, and washing, loading, and unloading dishwasher.
- Work as a member of the team, willingly providing back‐up support for co‐workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Leads day-to-day operation of the office, including updating automated supply. ordering, distributing mail, answering the door and ensuring office cleanliness.
- Works on additional projects and general office maintenance as assigned.
- 5+ years of previous administrative experience
- Experience working in a high paced office environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- PC and Microsoft Office proficient
- Proven administrative and organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, manage workload, and effectively prioritize in a continuously changing environment
- Ability to assume responsibility and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities projects in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively interact with all levels within and outside the organization