Director of FP&A
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Matt Thomas
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Required Education : BS in Finance, Accounting, Econ or Business
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
The FP&A Director will develop and maintain high level financial reporting, business analysis, budgeting, forecasting and strategic and tactical planning. The successful candidate will work directly with the CFO to set strategy for the department, business units and senior management to determine the needs of the company and prioritize key activities.
- Coordination and execution of annual Planning Process.
- Manage, train and develop financial analysts concerning report creation, quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide quality reporting and analysis with a special emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Partner with business leaders to forecast and manage monthly, quarterly and annual reports estimates.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting for decision making associated with new business, pricing decisions, customer decisions, product decisions, warehouse/plant decisions, i.e. close or scale down.
- Work with business leaders to provide global analysis to the Senior Management team in areas such as the following: actual versus forecast/plan analysis, analysis of business units and their contribution to the overall company, identify risk areas to meeting financial commitments and then analyze the current results and pro forma indicators, analyze and provide market data to financial statements using“what if” scenarios and various assumptions.
- Prepare presentations for Senior Management to be used with various parties, i.e. Board of Directors, Lenders, Existing and Potential Customers, Internal Management.
- Work with the CFO to develop and execute key strategies to support the department and corporate mission.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University, M.B.A. Preferred
- ERP systems knowledge
- Strong analytical skills.
- Management experience, strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present ideas, findings and purpose of analysis.
- Strong organizational skills including time management, project management and prioritization of tasks.
- Strategic thinker with ability to identify opportunity areas and develop analysis to present to senior management.
- Strong skills in developing the message for a presentation to senior management.