DOT Compliance Coordinator
The role of the Fleet DOT Compliance Coordinator will be to help train our drivers to be DOT compliant and oversee the truck and trailer tags/registrations. Also ensuring the company CDL Driver's and files are meeting the DOT regulations.
Primary Responsibilities of The Position Include
- Processing, verifying, auditing, and maintaining e-Logs including device training for drivers and dispatchers
- Compiling and preparing reports and documents pertaining to safety and compliance activities
- Maintaining driver DOT files and qualifications.
- General administrative duties
- Ensure that all company vehicles and trailers are in compliance with DOT regulations and safety standards
- Handle all company truck and trailer registration and insurance (this includes temporary tags, apportioned plates, state endorsements, etc.)
- Manage fleet and equipment tracking software.
- Train all non-DOT and DOT employees on vehicle usage and maintenance requirements
- Schedule DOT inspections at various inspection sites for company fleet when necessary
- Implement driving and vehicle safety guidelines and procedures for P&J employees
- Monitor/Manager DOT driver hours and log books to ensure compliance
Essential Qualifications and Experience Required
- Prior experience working in DOT Safety and/or Compliance
- Must be familiar with Electronic Logging Devices, DOT
- Must possess working knowledge of state/federal DOT regulations
- Familiarity with the trucking and hauling industry and an understanding of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Strong computer skills, with proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database programs
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Must have extensive knowledge of equipment types, capacity and capabilities
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
- Transportation and or Supply Chain Degree
- 1-3 years of transportation coordination or DOT compliance experience.