Driver Recruiting Manager
The Driver Recruiting Manager’s primary duty is to partner with business unit leaders to enable profitable operations by supplying well qualified drivers through a variety of methods within a large geographic region. Partners with business unit leaders & HR to execute a company-wide Driver acquisition strategy to attract, source & hire exceptional driver talent for business operations in a timely manner. Will be responsible for communicating a strong Company Driver value proposition in order to maintain the level of required skillets and background in addition to assisting in effective driver retention programs.
Drives the tactical demand generation activity in the field within budget through the use of leveraging resources to manage recruitment advertising, lead generation, messaging, social media, employment branding, market research, networking & military recruiting. Defines, tracks & analyzes Driver acquisition metrics & develop practical tracking & reporting methods to monitor & improve performance. Conducts market analysis & utilize market intelligence to deliver best-in-class Driver Recruiting practices for the end-to-end process of sourcing, screening, interviewing, & selecting new hires.
- 10 or more years DOT Recruiting and Transportation experience
- Transportation and DOT industry knowledge
- Driver acquisition/recruiting or Equivalent acquisition/recruiting experience in a growth industry, within large geography
- Recruitment of over 200 Drivers annually (local, regional, national: slip seating)
- Manage the on-boarding process to ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner to meet legal requirements
- Manages processes and procedures to ensure Company compliance with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to: OFCCP, Department of Labor, Department of Transportation, FMCSA, etc..
- Marketing & Advertising Management: Innovative, cost-effective sourcing techniques
- Familiarity with emerging practices in the Driver acquisition field.
- Accurately assessed Drivers using competency-based interviewing techniques
- Recruitment technology platforms, applicant tracking systems & candidate assessment tools
- Select, train, develop, supervise, direct, and coach the recruiting staff to ensure performance targets are met and employees grow to meet their full potential.
- Computer literate: Microsoft suite, Social Media, Recruiting Software, etc