• Prepare, update and maintain the EHS manual and ensure it contains all required written programs.
• Provide guidance, leadership, and training on EHS issues.
• Conduct and/or coordinate regulatory required training as necessary.
• Maintain the facility emergency contingency plan
• Manage the ergonomics program and coordinate EHS related activities in the Continuous Improvement Workshops.
• Coordinate waste management programs, including any required training, and ensure compliance with applicable EPA regulations.
• Maintain and update EHS Driveline charts/graphs for facility measurables.
• Conduct periodic inspections of the workplace for safety issues and concerns.
• Review all new equipment and processes for regulatory compliance, includes involvement in the concept, design, and build phases.
• Participate in monthly EHS Coordination Committee meetings with counterparts from other facilities.
• Reviews and approves Capitol Project expenditures for facility.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Industrial/ Occupational Safety & Health or Environmental Engineering) – OR - Associates degree and 5yrs previous EHS experience in lieu of degree.
• 1-5yrs of EHS related experience preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to leverage business understanding to the EHS strategies for the organization (responsibility shared with Matrix Manager).
• Good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Important to excellent listening, consultative and negotiation skills.
• Ability in development policies proposals and procedures implementation, and interpretation and application of policies and standards.
• Must understand and be able to apply principles, theories and practices of envirnomental, health, and safety legal regulations (e.g.OSHAS…).
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and demonstrated abilities in leadership, communication and planning.