Location : Lancaster, SC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : NAS_EHS
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
• Develop, implement, and direct safety training programs, policies, and procedures. Monitors compliance of training and record keeping.
• Update existing EH&S programs, policies, and procedures.
• Manage all federal, state, and local environmental programs (Air, SPCC, Storm Water, etc.) and permits and ensure compliance. Acts as company representative with government agencies in environmental, safety, and health matters affecting the company.
• Recommend and budget EH&S capital expenditure items. Review proposed CARs and approve them from a safety/environmental perspective
• Establish facility EH&S goals and metrics
• Identify safety improvement projects on the production floor and coordinate cross functional resources to complete projects and mitigate risks. Utilize the Safety Committee where feasible to complete projects and mitigate risks.
• Conduct accident reviews and investigate root causes to identify short and long-term corrective actions as necessary. Ensure corrective actions are completed timely.
• Lead, initiate, and manage a philosophy of continuous improvement in environmental, health and safety areas.
• Manage EH&S vendors, expenses, & budget
• Manage security function at the facility
Required Qualifications :
- Must have 5 years of EHS experience and a demonstrable ability to lead others in complex tasks
- Must be willing and able to interface between all levels of seniority in a manufacturing environment, hourly employees, contractors all the way to senior management
- Must be able to handle time sensitive assignments
- Must be able to understand complex situations and communicate effectively to all audiences involved in implementation
- Must be able to identify and resolve complex challenges
- Must have a background in leading complex teams
- Experienced in project management
- Must be able to make decisions in accordance with state and federal regulations
- Experience with ISO 9100, OHSAS 18001, ANSI Z-10, VPP