Executive Assistant/Business Manager
The Executive Administrative Assistant/Business Manager is responsible for maximizing the potential of the organization by supporting and accelerating the role of the executive leadership team. While this role is a support position involving the traditional executive support functions, we are looking for an executive assistant who wants more than that and desires to become an integral part of the company and not just an order taker. The role is designed to be flexible; allowing the individual to dive into areas where leverage can be created for the executive leadership team.
Administrative support responsibilities will include facilitating the daily actions of the leadership team, serving as a liaison both internally and externally, while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and communication. This position will involve working with sensitive and highly confidential data while interacting with the firms clientele and operating as an integral part of the business’ daily operations with a high degree of exposure to the leadership team and business initiatives.
- Manage all day-to-day business and personal functions of the partners and CFO; including, but not limited to, calendar management, email management and administrative duties.
- Own and manage the calendars and inboxes for 3 executives with full access to their calendar and meeting schedule including prioritization of competing demands and ensuring that the leadership is properly briefed and has all the necessary information in advance of the meetings.
- Organize complex travel arrangements with frequent last-minute changes for domestic and international travel
- Liaison with corporate VIP card reservation representative, car services, preferred hotels and catering needs to provide a fully comprehensive travel itinerary for executive travel
- Provide strategic business support while planning executive travel to client sites to maximize the executive’s time in any given area by taking the initiative to plan additional client meetings and check ins with nearby clientele and/or prospective clients.
- Screening incoming calls and voice messages as necessary, taking accurate messages and promptly relaying them, arranging telephone and conference calls as requested and maintaining an up to date list of all key contacts.
- Plan and coordinate special events, corporate meetings, develop presentations, agendas, and itineraries for on and off-site meetings.
- File monthly expense reports in Concur
- Manage the work of Executives and client deadlines by tracking and following up on issues related to work flow and deadlines, and notes.
- Proactively following up on critical items to ensure that deadlines and commitments are met.
- Willing and able to effectively perform any business support task necessary to get the work product completed in the allotted time frame.
- Use tact, discretion, and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information and develop the confidence to make sound business decisions in the executive’s absence.
- Office Management Responsibilities include ordering office supplies, ensuring kitchen is stocked, developing vendor relations and resolving any facilities or maintenance issue through building relationship with the appropriate subcontractors when necessary
- Assist with ad hoc tasks and projects, as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent qualification/experience.
- 7 years of experience in supporting C-Level Executives
- Proven proficiency in MS Suite and Concur for Travel and Expenses including international travel planning experience
- Clever, resourceful, self-sufficient and independently driven personality
- The ability and desire to “Think outside the box” to make things happen and identify solutions
- Strong decision-making ability and impeccable attention to detail.
- Passion for understanding and learning the business the further the successful of the organization and provide additional support outside of the traditional EA responsibilities.
- Resourceful in accomplishing tasks and demonstrate flexibility in taking on new challenges and requirements.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Flexible with work hours – ability to work additional hours to complete tasks that are deadline-sensitive, as required
- Experience handling highly confidential information and using discretion.
- Experience in creating high level presentations and reporting
- Experience initiating and managing complex travel schedules for executives, visitors, etc.
- Industry experience in financial services, Private Equity, Wealth Management, High Net Worth Investments is strongly preferred
- Experience with office relocation and facilities management is a plus