Field Service Engineer
Under the direction of and reporting to the Service Team Leader, provide technical customer support for all Company equipment and accessories. Install new machines and perform warranty repairs. Train customers, when required. Review and insure that appropriate quality, technical and applications documentation is available to meet customer requirements.
• Install new, updated and/or retrofitted equipment, insuring that all electrical and mechanical components and assemblies are properly integrated, systems software is performing and the entire equipment is functioning to manufacturers and customers specifications.
• Provide application support to meet customer expectations.
• Research customer complaints and determine most cost efficient and timely service response.
• Perform service based on agreed upon customer requirements
• Prepare service reports to insure invoices and service department have proper support documentation.
• Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed and standard safety regulations.
• Perform other and related duties as assigned, directed or within the scope of overall responsibilities.
• Advanced electrical, mechanical and pneumatic skills preferably in the packaging industry
• Must have the ability to understand PLC (programmable logic control) controls. ie: Siemens S7 Series and/or Allen Bradley Control Logix Series, programming is a plus
• Engineering experience
• Strong decision making skills.
• Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations.
• Machine tool product knowledge.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics and machine specifications.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to creatively and independently troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
• Availability for travel (60-70%) to customer site domestic and international.