Financial Analyst - Midwest Region
The primary responsibility of the Financial Analyst is to assist in analyzing and producing accurate, timely reporting for the field and upper management. This role will report to a Finance Manager and be assigned to a territory which they’ll support by providing insightful analysis to drive bottom line profitability.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions for management consumption.
- Identify profitability improvement opportunities and work with manager to drive change in profit centers.
- Partner with cross functional teams at the support office to drive efficiencies in workstreams and maintain open communication channels.
- Special reports and projects as assigned.
- Assist with annual preparation of profit center budgets and quarterly forecasting.
- Manage opportunities and risks in assigned territories.
- Extract large amounts of data and synthesize for easy understanding by management.
- Provide financial training and support to field as necessary, which may require travel.
- Post monthly journal entries as needed.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a financial role requiring financial analysis.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills including building models and interpreting large data sets.
- Proficiency with MS Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (MS Access, SQL).
- Dependable, motivated and self -starter, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.