Financial Analyst - Operations
The company is $100M private equity owned manufacturer of environmentally friendly products. The Operations/Cost Financial Analyst will be responsible for working with the operations team, plant managers, and finance teams in analyzing operating/financial data, providing recommendations to improve profitability, organizing and automating all KPI data relating to operational and financial analysis for the manufacturing facilities. The role involves significant interaction with the manufacturing facilities in developing and providing timely and accurate reporting to senior management.
- Develop and prepare reporting, analyses and dashboards for manufacturing facilities including routinely explaining variations and identify of areas of risk and opportunity as needed.
- Prepare proactive analysis to support plant initiatives and be engaged in bringing best practices and efficiencies to the plant.
- Develop reports which summarize and forecast plant activity and financial position in areas of operating expenses and inventory levels.
- Provide forecasting and planning oversight coordinating work with cross functional teams to validate inputs, drive consensus and analyze variances.
- Develop financial data for assessment and measuring of productivity, quality and cost improvement activities.
- Perform complex analytics and modeling that may include profitability optimization, scenario analysis, business case assessments.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and year-end operational financial reports.
- Establish standard and estimated inventory costs for the plants.
- Manage preparation of operating and capital budgets.
- Provide analytical support to the S&OP process, sourcing and marketing as needed
- Complete monthly BOD decks and leadership updates as required
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, focusing in Accounting and/or Finance from an operation/plant/costing perspective
- Two to four years, minimum of experience in manufacturing facility (multi-site)
- Extremely knowledgeable of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing ERP/accounting software, MAS90 or MAS200 (SAGE 100) preferred.
- Experience with multi-location plant/manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience with Crystal Reports and SQL databases is a plus