Financial Analyst - Treasury
Reporting to the Cash Management Manager, the Cash Management Analyst is an integral member of the Finance Team, pivotal in the management of cash, bank relationship management, and disbursement administration. Responsibilities include periodic liquidity planning, assisting with cash flow forecasting and month-end closing. Other responsibilities include preparing and releasing payments, confirming, verifying, and reconciling daily activity and supporting accounting in researching / resolving reconciling items resulting from transaction activities. The Cash Management Analyst will support the implementation of new processes and related system changes and process improvements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate daily cash position to ensure adequate liquidity to meet immediate cash disbursement requirements.
- Review funding needs and initiate borrowing requests to maintain adequate liquidity.
- Evaluate and input electronic disbursements on a daily basis.
- Analyze disbursements relative to a 13-week liquidity forecast to identify and assess any risks/opportunities to the forecast and drive better forecast accuracy.
- Conduct research into cash flow activities and position and support relevant reporting and communication.
- Manage day-to-day banking relationship activities to facilitate collections, disbursements, debt management, and account reconciliation and reporting.
- Deliver month end, quarter end and year end reporting on banking activity and prepare monthly journal entries related to banking fees, debt management, interest accruals and various types of disbursements.
- Evaluate bank fees and account expenses on an ongoing basis and ensure all fees are in compliance with the bank contractual agreement and manage discrepancies.
- Report all discrepancies related to daily deposits and ensure timely turnaround of ERP reconciliation.
- Assist with credit card research requests and administration of CyberSource- billing, settlement, reporting, and chargeback disputes.
- Coordinate risk management including fraud and loss management and maintaining SOX compliance.
- Complete cash application to ensure accurate recording of incoming check payments to the corporate office.
- Assist Designated Payment Receivers of Cash, Check and Credit Card payments in the field in payment application to drive cash flow and maximize working capital efficiency.
- Assist in gathering information for internal and external auditors in support of both the filing of the company’s financials and management of the debt.
- Participate in and lead projects/company initiatives as part of company transformation efforts that includes driving cash generation and reduction of debt.
- Assist in annual FBAR filing
- Monitor and maintain account signature authorities
- Audit users and relevant roles within banking portals, credit card processors and Loomis Smart Safes
Process Improvement Management
- Identify and assist in streamlining areas of improvement and document all procedures.
- Drive simplification of the company’s bank account structure to reduce debt and optimize liquidity needs.
- Work with internal teams to define business requirements and leverage technology to enable streamlining of Treasury activities.