Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Matt Thomas
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : BS in Finance, Accounting, Econ or Business
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
The Finance team works on short and long-term forecasting and planning to predict and explain business performance. The business is very matrixed, which makes it complex to forecast and data rich; there are many opportunities to support the company with your insight.
- We work daily with the business units to develop, execute, monitor, and refine key initiatives. You'll step into a data analysis role with the Finance team, primarily focusing on complex problem solving and building predictive models, as well as ad-hoc analysis to support key business decisions. You must be able to use your quantitative skills to break down large data sets and identify underlying trends and business drivers.
- This won't be a monotonous job - the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must. You'll need to know your way around excel, some experience in statistics, have an aptitude for relational databases as well as a solid helping of common/business sense. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesize large data sets into digestible information will be key. This will be a fast-paced role with ample opportunity to interact with many functions of the company.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, engineering, physics, economics, mathematics, etc.
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done.
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.