We are working with a global manufacturer that markets and distributes sophisticated industrial grade products. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on a Financial Analyst to directly support the CFO.The Analyst will also be supporting the finance team and senior management to provide analysis and reporting to lead the business. The incumbent will work to improve the efficiency, accuracy and integrity of these financial activities in a dynamic environment, and will include financial modeling, investor relations support, strategy work, debt and equity finance activities, budgeting and reporting for all business units.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, modifies, and builds company financial models
- Builds and update presentations for debt and equity investors
- Manages data room for due diligence by investing institutions
- Assembles and improves internal and external reporting
- Assists Treasurer with foreign exchange, cost savings initiatives, and liquidity forecasting
- Analyzes market and financial data and provides interpretation to internal and external business partners
- Assists in the execution of the annual budgeting process
- Establishes schedules; recommending plans, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data;
- Assists ERP team in enhancing management reporting and ERP capability development
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from financial plan.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Supports ad-hoc finance projects and initiatives
- Ability to manage day-to-day responsibilities, while simultaneously driving higher-level initiatives for continuous improvement of our systems and processes
- Ability to motivate and develop the finance team and to foster strong professional relationships with the operational management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting or Mathematics, MBA is a plus
- CPA, CFA or diploma from a similar professional body
- 3-5 years of experience in finance positions, ideally with exposure to mid-sized or large multinational groups, possibly including exposure through banking client activity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with financial modeling
- Knowledge and experience in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP
- Knowledge of databases and ERP systems
- Knowledge of US federal, state and local financial regulations