Financial Crimes Specialist
Summary of Job:
- Reviews, verifies and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations and suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses.
- Monitors moderate to complex account activity which requires research that may involve multiple transaction channels.
- Uses a variety of sources for information, including online systems and tools/models. May perform general account handling functions such as close account determination, holds, restraints, etc.
- Document research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse.
- May contact customers and/or vendors to validate transactions. May maintain files, records, databases and prepare standard/routine management reports.
- Prepares required documentation including Suspicious Activity Reports. May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assign loss accountability.
- Reviews more complex/unique situations with senior department staff.
1+ years financial industry experience.
1+ years of Call Center Experience
2+ years of Customer Service Experience
This position is in an inbound only call center, handling an average of 30 calls per day
Responds to inquiries related to claims (that are already pending) / provide claim status updates
Must have excellent communication skills
Must be computer savvy