Financial Reporting Accountant
We our supporting one of our top clients in the Charlotte Metro area that is seeking to fill a newly created Financial Reporting Analyst position. This role will support the organizations quarterly and annual SEC reporting filings, provide technical support on disclosure matters, and lead the preparation of certain monthly executive-level deliverables.
- Participates in the timely and accurate preparation of SEC filings, such as Form 10-Q/K and Form 8-K.
- Prepares financial information and presentations for the quarterly earnings release.
- Prepares the Earnings Per Share calculation to support both monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Maintains current knowledge of SEC reporting requirements and works with the Global Accounting Advisory team on incorporating the impact of new accounting standards into the Company’s SEC filings.
- Supports business through reporting from the SAP system, including maintaining and updating reports.
- Maintains compliance with internal control procedures for external reporting, including preparation of documentation to support financial disclosures.
- Collaborates with other finance departments to ensure timely and accurate completion of reporting activities, including direct communication with senior leadership
- General knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required.
- Strong organizational, delegation, leadership, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are also required.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Knowledge of SAP or Hyperion is a plus.