Financial Reporting Analyst
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JXK
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5-8 years
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
- Play a significant role in the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual SEC and annual retirement plan filings including the review of all disclosure schedules and reports while ensuring compliance with SEC rules and regulations.
- Assist in research and implementation surrounding new accounting and reporting requirements and provide recommendations.
- Prepare schedules and other support for the Company's outside auditors in connection with annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Execute on monthly derivative accounting activities, including derivative settlement, journal entries, cash application and account reconciliations.
- Support of month-end closing including G&A journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Analyze and report monthly and quarterly G&A and derivative activity.
- Support Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting with additional projects and responsibilities, as necessary.
- Communicate and interact with employees including accounting and finance group, and managers from various departments.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field.
- Minimum of two years SEC experience in public accounting or a comparable accounting environment.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations, combined with the ability to research complex accounting issues.
- Ability to convey simple to complex financial information to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization, including executive management.
- Team player, willingness to do what it takes to support business and finance organization goals.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented. Demonstrated excellent written, verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in PC based software/windows applications such as Microsoft Office products - Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and able to work overtime as needed