Human Resources Advisor
We are currently recruiting for a unique opportunity to work for one of the world's largest employers as the primary point of contact for all HR related employee relations issues across the country. This role offers you a unique ability to work through all levels of HR related issues and the flexibility to work from home 3 days a week.
Serves as primary contact for all incoming telephone and email inquiries relative to interpreting policies, procedures, and programs, for all Associates. First response point of contact for Speak Up reports, HR investigations, disciplinary actions, or other Company employee relations matters as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to telephone and email inquiries, and SpeakUp Reports from all Associates regarding employee relations matters by:
- Interpreting and explaining company policies (e.g. disciplinary guidelines, performance management, benefits), procedures, practices, and programs; referring questions and issues to Payroll or Benefits Help Desks when questions and issues are outside of the scope of HR policy explanation; acting as intermediary between Associates and the Payroll or Benefits Help Desks when Associates escalate unresolved benefits and payroll issues to HR.
- Providing guidance to managers in handling difficult or complex employee relations issues and in resolving complaints or disputes, such as advising managers on appropriate disciplinary actions and procedures to ensure consistency; and providing risk assessments for terminations.
- Investigating issues and providing resolution on the following: complaints about working conditions, disciplinary actions, Associate and applicant appeals, alleged wrongful terminations, harassment and discrimination allegations, or other HR related matters.
- Researching complaints from Associates about all salary/wage treatments (e.g. merit increases, promotions, demotions, adjustments) when issues are not resolved through the standard processes in accordance to policy. Contacts operations on all discrepancies as appropriate to ensure compliance.
- Providing advice to managers on reductions in force, position eliminations, and layoffs to ensure proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Consults with the in-house Legal Counsel as needed to obtain advice on problem resolution. Escalates issues as appropriate to Field HR Consultants for investigation and resolution.
- May work on special projects, both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or equivalent degree, or equivalent related experience. Two (2) + years experience as an HR representative/generalist in a large company or supporting a line Business Unit.
- Strong computer skills including ability to perform queries in SAP, generate reports, perform web-based research, and create case management files in HR software.
- Working knowledge of employment labor law in multiple states.
Proven ability to:
- research topics on the Internet and through other available resources.
- manage priorities and workflow.
- work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- work effectively in an unstructured, fast-paced and P&L driven environment.
- handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- prepare reports and business correspondence.
- deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
PHR certification preferred.