A multi-million-dollar manufacturing and distribution company with a plant in South Charlotte, NC area has an immediate need for an industrial engineer as someone was promoted to corporate.
This individual will act as the change agent for the facility and be the point of contact for and drive all facility improvement projects. The incumbent will have a broad knowledge of Lean, TPS or Six Sigma project management and process improvement strategies that will be applied and have a direct impact to operational performance.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all processes at the distribution center
- Leads employees and facilitates 5S training/implementation, Kaizen events, suggestion programs, and other improvement practices to continuously improve warehouse operations
- Responsible for training and instructing teams on how to apply LEAN methodology for eliminating wastes in the operation
- Analyzes work and document processes using industrial engineering techniques, i.e. process flow charts, traditional time studies, and predetermined time standards to develop process cycle time.
- Develops assembly process flow, layout concepts, equipment specifications, role developments, work instructions, standards, improvement activities, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required - industrial or manufacturing
- 2 plus years experience in an assembly environment required
- Knowledge of FMEA's
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Lean Six Sigma or TPS experience and certification preferred
- Proven record of accomplishment of implementing process changes that result in operational savings
- Change Management methodology
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.