Land Development Project Engineer
• Perform assignments in the design of commercial, single family, multi-family and mixed-use developments – including roadway, domestic water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer drainage system design.
• Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, reviewing the designs of others, preparing bid documents including drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, after receiving initial instructions from project manager, while receiving limited supervision.
• Provide input to and participate in strategic planning for the team and work closely with Business Unit management team to identify growth, project delivery, staffing and financial performance.
• Prepare complex studies, reports, plans, specifications, quantities and cost estimates for projects.
• Prepare scopes of work and man-hour estimates for projects and tasks.
• Must be capable of managing small to mid-size projects to be on budget and on schedule.
• Must be capable of directing, managing and mentoring a team of design engineers and/or technicians on projects.
• Take ownership of projects from start to finish and communicate with clients regarding project issues.
• Responsible for proposal production and implementing marketing initiatives.
• Responsible for document preparation for regulatory agencies to obtain required permits.
• Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
• Must become knowledgeable of procedures, understand them and be able to apply them when required.
• Must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
• The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with clients and Local, State, and Federal government agencies and be capable to lead project progress meetings, make project presentations, and provide clear written communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in the design of commercial, single/multi family, and mixed use Land Development projects.
• NC PE certification or the ability to obtain
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Well-organized, detail oriented and self-motivated professional.
• Strong desires to grow personally as well as professionally in a team environment.
• Ability to lead creation of designs and drawings supporting our client’s overall project goals.
• Experience working on land development projects.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
• Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D software is a plus.