Legal Research Assistant
Location : North Charlotte
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : CHM
Compensation : open - 14-16
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-3 years
Required Education : 2 year degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Administrative and Support Services
Job Description :
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity supporting a global Legal Department with heavy research responsibilities, Clerical support and data review.
- Supporting Paralegals with administrative and legal functions
- Typing letters and correspondents for paralegals
- Transcribing attorney notes
- Reviewing cases and inputting data into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Creating new client files
- Read, interpret, research and process subpoenas, levies and other legal documents
- Determine proper course of action and coordinate correspondence.
- Preparing engagement letters
- Make sure proper documents are filed at courthouse, and/or sent to clients in a timely manner
- Responds to inquiries from external customers, internal team members, government agencies and outside attorneys.
Required Qualifications :
- Legal Research Experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in MS Excel
- Diligent Worker