We are looking for a high-energy detailed individual that operates with a sense of urgency to join our growing Logistics Team! The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of logistics and shipping process and a strong interest in working for an international company in the transportation field! In this role you will be communicating with multiple parties and departments and tracking and contacting vessels from origin to arrival and notifying all involved parties in a timely manner to resolve any issues. The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate with strong written and verbal communication skills looking to increase their business knowledge and grow with an incredible international organization! This is a great opportunity that offers many different growth opportunities and career paths internally for recent graduates!
- Schedule loads with vendors, while tracking that they are being delivered correctly
- Responsible for Key Account Management
- Responsible for cargo movement and intermodal cost leadership
- Work closely and builds rapport with all delivery teams to ensure timely delivery and great communication
- Serve as point of contact to resolve customer queries/issues
- Submit work orders, run reports, proactively resolve issues
- Answer calls to handle escalations
- Conduct research to resolve issues, and conduct root cause analysis
- Supports cost savings and other change initiatives.
- Serve as point of escalation to resolve customer queries/issues that the team is unable to resolve or close.
- Guide other business units to the correct point of entry for communications.
- Service as point of escalation for vendors; ensure good working relationship with vendors and monitor vendor service, report trends to manager and relationship liaisons
- Provide updates, issues and concerns along with possible solutions to management
- Support business continuity by tracking and ensuring timely responses to all communications
- Cross-train with other team members to ensure business continuity in case of absences and continuous learning
- 4 year college degree
- 0-2 years of business sales support experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels internal and externally
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Customer facing service experience
- 1-2 years of functional experience in supply chain or transportation
- MS Excel must be able to Input, export, sort, & filter data, create and modify spreadsheets, use basic formatting
- MS Word must be able to create and modify docs
- MS Outlook must be able to manage emails and calendars
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Team player and collaborative
- Self-driven and self-motivated